Sunday, July 4, 2010

I wish...

Thoughts from Stu....

What an incredible trip. This has been tough to unpack in my head and verbalize much on this blog. I have seen much and experienced much. I am sitting here wishing....

I wish you could see the kids smiles at the orphanage.
I wish you could meet the community elders who came today to thank us for the work we are doing here.
I wish you could hear Julie's sarcasm (classic) and fantastic leadership.
I wish you could sing songs with the kids.
I wish you could see Adrienne getting her hair braided.
I wish you could meet Daniel and his family (incredible).
I wish you could see the faith these people have.
I wish you could have seen me & Doug get scolded by the Nigerian police.
I wish you could have seen Larry teach the kids in Sunday School this morning.
I wish you could see Kay playing with the kids during clinic.
I wish you could have seen Renee receive good news about her adoption after the visit from the commissioner.
I wish you could experience their culture - beautiful.
I wish you could see the cow being loaded in the back of the car.
I wish you could see Paul light up around the kids.
I wish you could have seen that judge with the funny, old school wig on.
I wish you could see the kids hanging on Matt.
I wish you could have seen the ruckus we caused at market.
I wish you could see the gas stations we fill up at.
I wish you could experience church this morning.
I wish you could see Adam loving on the kids.
I wish you could taste the good food we have eaten.
I wish you could ride like sardines in these little cars they cram us in.
I wish you could see Eric being such a great brother to Hassan.
I wish you could see the patience Ken shows in every situation.
I wish you could see Kyla tie-dying shirts like a machine.
I wish you could have seen the children's programs Cibolo did (totally rocked).
I wish you could see them laugh at our attempts at Igala.
I wish you could see....a lot.

I saw this qoute the other day and it would be appropriate now...
"Now I have seen, I am responsible."

Nothing but love, stu

No comments:

Post a Comment